What you get in short:
- exclusive discounts on our events
- discounts from partners (accommodation, travel, sports, food, bars, etc.)
The ESNcard is the membership card of ESN which means that you can access to all the services offered by the ESN and our partners. Once you register it here you can use it to get discounts nationally and internationally.
With the ESNcard, you will enjoy thousands of discounts (housing, sport, food, bars, etc.) all over Europe. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to participate in thousands of events (trips, cultural events, sports activities and parties) all year long. Especially on the ESN Events you profit of better prices for each event if you buy the ESN Card for 10 CHF.
The aim of the ESNcard is to support and give opportunities to international students during and after their exchange.
Who uses the ESNcard?
The ESNcard is used by over 140.000 people per year in 40 countries, and the numbers are growing every year.
You can get the ESNcard, if you belong to one of the following groups:
- Erasmus+ students;
- Erasmus+ trainees;
- International incoming students or trainees on a mobility programme, outside of Erasmus+;
- International undergraduate or postgraduate full degree students;
- ESNers: either active on Local, National or International level. They are all members of a section;
- Alumni: they can be entitled to get an ESNcard if the statutes of their ESN section explicitly set so;
- Buddies: sections are recommended to distribute to that group of people, only after they have a proof of a person’s role as a buddy. Sections can either obtain the list from their University, although some sections organise the whole buddy system themselves.
How can you get the ESNcard?
The ESNcard is distributed in almost all the countries where ESN is present by the ESN sections, which are non-profit student organisations.
ESN Winterthur sells its ESNCards for 10 CHF at the Welcome Week. You can also get them at the International Office at ZHAW SML or request to acquire one when signing up for an ESN event.
The ESNcard can be obtained exclusively from your local ESN section. You can find the distribution point of the ESNcard here.
What fields does ESNcard contain?
- Photo field (for a photograph of the card holder; with a photo size of 2.7 cm x 3.7 cm )
- Name (for name and surname of the card holder)
- Date of birth
- Higher education institution name
- ESN section (either the issuing section or home section of the card holder)
- Country (home country of the card holder)
- Validity (it's valid for 12 months since the date on the card)
- Card number (unique number of each card)
- Bar code and magnetic bar