- Archbar, it is quite a popular place as it’s located right next to the train station.
- Salzhaus (Nice alternative music place with often live music. A lot of alternative people with different age groups and often not the main place where students are hanging out)
- Albani bar - a legendary place with live music it is located just next to the tech campus and very popular for students. Especially before 6 pm, they have a discount 50% on everything!
- Das Schmale Handtuch: another legendary place which every student knows, their famous Serpentine drink which comes in a lot of different flavors costs 18 Francs, but it is a ticket for a crazy night! It is quite unique place with which belongs to 1 family who also works there. 100% must have!
- Türmli bar - fully student-managed bar in the student camp of Türmli. Normally it was open on Thursdays, cool parties and all profit comes to improve the gaming room and buy cool things for future parties
- Kafisatz Bar & Café – our good friends and a nice place to hang out
- Paddy O'Brien's Old Irish Pub - nice bar with a lot of parties and quite nice inside style often with live music.
- Boiler Room – it’s located on the other side of the train station inside of Neuenhöfe. It has such a cool industrial vibe, definitely worth to check it out.
- Thurbinä – next to the church, small bar with chill vibes.
- Ocean Five – not only a bar but also a burger place, somewhat American vibe.
- Alltag Bar – cute café/bar with the best chocolate cake in the world.
Night clubs in Winterthur are alright, the better ones are in Zurich, but if you’re trying to stay local these are our recommendations:
- Food trucks in front of Manor – the different food trucks offer food from all over the world, from Egyptian to Thai to healthy rice bowls, you can find anything there for a pretty good price. Also, there’s some nice seating right next to it so it’s perfect to grab lunch there when the weather is nice.
- Hasans Sandwich – a very popular place for students, the nice family is owning the place and making descent sandwiches for 10 Francs. Almost like Subway but fresher and better.
- Restaurant zur Sonne – if you want to try authentic Swiss food for a good price – this is for sure the place! You can get a decent meal for 20 Francs, and it is a very local Swiss restaurant, not known by tourists. Arguably best Rösti in Switzerland.
- Fondue Keller - difficult to get in since it was always full but if you have booked it - it is affordable and very good
- Tibits - arguably nicest vegan food, with a big variety.
- Tres Amigos – Mexican restaurant, a little expensive but good food.
- Molino – Italian restaurant in the middle of the city with AMAZING food!
- El Burrito Feliz – Also Mexican food, great Burritos.
- Manta Bar – very popular among students, pasta for takeaway for approx. 10 Francs
- Grepery – basically a Crêpes place, sweet and savory.